Unlock the full potential of your business’s online presence this Thanksgiving with our comprehensive guide on “Thanksgiving social media post ideas for companies, businesses, and brands.”
Discover innovative strategies and engaging Thanksgiving Social media content ideas tailored for Instagram, LinkedIn, X, Facebook, and TikTok that resonate with your audience. but also boost your brand’s visibility during this festive season.
In this article, you will benefit from:
– Unleashing the power of Thanksgiving-themed social media posts backed by research and data.
– Crafting compelling content that resonates with your audience and enhances brand loyalty.
– Leveraging the latest trends in social media to stand out in the crowded digital space.
– Maximizing user engagement through interactive thanksgiving activities and shareable posts.
– Transforming your online presence into a dynamic platform for gratitude, community-building, and increased sales.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to elevate your business’s Thanksgiving social media game. Let’s turn this holiday season into a digital celebration that leaves a lasting impact on your audience.
50 Thanksgiving social media ideas
The following is a list of post ideas for Thanksgiving social media campaigns to promote your brand, business, or company to the target audience:
1. Offer a special holiday promotion or discount.
Roll out a Thanksgiving special, like a limited-time discount or exclusive offer, to entice customers.
Boost sales and loyalty by giving customers a reason to choose your business for their holiday shopping. A 20% Thanksgiving discount or a “Buy One, Get One Free” deal creates a sense of urgency, driving sales.
According to a survey by the National Retail Federation, 40% of consumers actively seek out promotions during the holiday season. Offering a Thanksgiving promotion not only taps into this consumer behavior but also positions your brand as one that values its customers during the festive season.
For Example: Starbucks’ annual “Give Good” holiday promotion, featuring discounted holiday drinks during a specific timeframe, has become a seasonal tradition and successfully drives foot traffic.
2. Host a Thanksgiving recipe contest or cooking demo.
Engage your audience by hosting a Thanksgiving recipe contest or live cooking demo on social media.
Encourage participation and interaction by asking followers to share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes or join a live cooking session where you showcase a signature dish. This not only fosters community but also positions your brand as a source of inspiration and expertise.
Social media engagement spikes during holidays, making it an opportune time for interactive content. According to a study by Sprout Social, posts with contests or challenges receive 62% more comments on average.
For Example: Food Network’s annual Thanksgiving recipe contest encourages users to share their unique recipes, creating a sense of community and driving user-generated content.
3. Share a funny or heartwarming Thanksgiving video to engage with your audience.
Connect emotionally with your audience by sharing a lighthearted or heartwarming Thanksgiving video on your social media channels.
Videos have a higher engagement rate than other content types. Craft a short video that captures the essence of Thanksgiving—whether it’s a funny skit, a heartwarming story, or a behind-the-scenes look at your team celebrating.
According to a study by HubSpot, social media posts with videos have 48% more views. Utilizing this visual content during Thanksgiving can significantly boost your reach.
For Example: Oreo’s animated Thanksgiving video, featuring their iconic cookies in a festive storyline, garnered widespread attention and shares across social media platforms.
4. Create a gratitude-focused social media challenge.
Foster a positive community by launching a gratitude-focused challenge, encouraging followers to express what they’re thankful for.
Initiate a challenge where participants share daily gratitude posts, tagging your business and using a designated hashtag. This not only cultivates a positive online space but also increases your brand’s visibility.
A survey by Sprout Social found that 67% of consumers prefer to engage with brands that demonstrate a sense of purpose. A gratitude challenge aligns with this preference, showcasing your brand’s values.
For Example, Instagram’s #GratitudeChallenge gained momentum during Thanksgiving, with users sharing daily moments of thankfulness and spreading positivity.
5. Collaborate with other businesses for a Thanksgiving giveaway.
Amplify your reach by partnering with other businesses for a Thanksgiving giveaway, creating a collaborative and festive atmosphere.
Identify complementary businesses and pool resources for a joint giveaway. This not only broadens your audience but also provides participants with a more substantial incentive to engage.
According to a study by Nielsen, 92% of consumers trust recommendations from friends and family over other forms of advertising. Collaborating with other businesses leverages this trust, making your giveaway more appealing.
For Example: Airbnb and Spotify collaborated on a Thanksgiving giveaway, offering users a chance to win a unique travel experience paired with a curated playlist, showcasing the power of cross-industry collaborations.
Engaging Thanksgiving social media post ideas
The following are some engaging Thanksgiving social media post ideas:
6. Share your favorite Thanksgiving tradition.
Connect on a personal level with your audience by sharing your favorite Thanksgiving tradition on social media.
Invite your followers to do the same, creating a thread of shared traditions. This not only humanizes your brand but also fosters a sense of community as people exchange stories and experiences.
According to a survey by Facebook IQ, 83% of people say that discovering a new brand they can connect with emotionally is a key factor in their purchase decisions.
For Example: Macy’s annual tradition of the Thanksgiving Day Parade has become a cultural touchstone, generating excitement and engagement as people share their memories and anticipation for the event.
7. Offer a virtual Thanksgiving event or webinar.
Adapt to the virtual landscape by hosting a Thanksgiving event or webinar, providing value and entertainment to your audience.
Whether it’s a virtual cooking class, a history of Thanksgiving webinar, or a live Q&A with experts, virtual events offer a way for your brand to stay connected and offer relevant content during the holiday season.
According to a report by Zoom, virtual event attendance has increased by 1000% in some industries since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, showcasing the growing popularity of online events.
For Example: The New York Times hosted a virtual Thanksgiving cooking event, featuring renowned chefs sharing recipes and tips, allowing participants to engage with the brand in a meaningful way.
8. Provide tips for a stress-free Thanksgiving.
Position your brand as a helpful resource by sharing practical tips for a stress-free Thanksgiving on your social media platforms.
Offer advice on meal planning, and time management, or share hacks for simplifying holiday preparations. By providing valuable information, you position your brand as a trusted guide during a potentially hectic time.
Google Trends data shows a significant spike in searches related to stress-free Thanksgiving tips in the weeks leading up to the holiday, indicating a strong demand for such content.
For Example: Martha Stewart Living’s annual publication of stress-free Thanksgiving tips has become highly anticipated, establishing the brand as an authority on holiday preparations.
9. Show behind-the-scenes of your company’s Thanksgiving preparations.
Humanize your brand by offering a behind-the-scenes look at how your company prepares for Thanksgiving.
Share glimpses of your team decorating the office, preparing special promotions, or even the chef crafting a Thanksgiving feast in the company kitchen. This creates transparency and builds a connection with your audience.
According to a study by Sprout Social, 70% of consumers feel more connected to brands that share behind-the-scenes content.
For Example: Target’s behind-the-scenes Thanksgiving preparation videos, featuring employees working on holiday displays and promotions, provide customers with an insider’s view, fostering a connection with the brand.
10. Host a virtual Friendsgiving with influencers or customers.
Engage with your audience by hosting a virtual Friendsgiving event, and inviting influencers or loyal customers to join the celebration.
This not only creates an interactive and festive experience but also leverages the influence of participants to expand your brand’s reach.
According to a report by Influencer Marketing Hub, 63% of businesses plan to increase their influencer marketing budget, indicating the effectiveness of influencer collaborations.
For Example: Airbnb’s virtual Friendsgiving campaign featured influencers hosting virtual gatherings, sharing their unique celebrations and experiences, and amplifying the brand’s online presence during the holiday season.
thanksgiving social media posts for companies
Some of the good Social media Thanksgiving ideas for companies to promote your brand products or services:
1. Share a list of local volunteer opportunities for the holiday.
Encourage community engagement by curating a list of local volunteer opportunities for your followers. Inspire a spirit of giving back and demonstrate your company’s commitment to social responsibility.
Example: “This Thanksgiving, let’s come together as a community. Check out our latest blog post for a list of local volunteer opportunities. Your small act of kindness can make a big difference! 🤝🦃 #CommunityFirst #ThanksgivingGiving”
2. Host a virtual “potluck” where participants share their favorite Thanksgiving dish.
Foster a sense of togetherness by organizing a virtual potluck where participants share recipes, cooking tips, and images of their favorite Thanksgiving dishes.
Example: “Missing the office potluck vibes? Let’s bring it online! Share a pic of your go-to Thanksgiving dish using #VirtualPotluck. Bonus points for recipes! 🍁🍽️ #ThanksgivingTogether #FoodieFam”
3. Offer free Thanksgiving-themed wallpapers or digital backgrounds.
Add a festive touch to your followers’ devices by providing free Thanksgiving-themed wallpapers or digital backgrounds. Strengthen brand affinity while spreading holiday cheer.
Example: “Give your screens a Thanksgiving makeover! Swipe through our story to download free holiday wallpapers. Tag us if you use them! 📱🍂 #ThanksgivingVibes #WallpaperWednesday”
4. Create a charitable campaign to give back to the community.
Align your brand with a cause by launching a Thanksgiving-themed charitable campaign. Encourage donations or pledges, and showcase the positive impact your community can make together.
Example: “This season, let’s give thanks by giving back! For every purchase, we’ll donate a meal to a local family in need. Join us in making a difference! 🤲🍗 #SeasonOfGiving #CommunitySupport”
5. Share a video tour of your company’s Thanksgiving decorations.
Offer a behind-the-scenes look at your office or workspace decorated for Thanksgiving. Humanize your brand and share the festive spirit with your audience.
Example: “Curious how we deck out the office for Thanksgiving? Take a sneak peek with our latest video tour! 🦃✨ #OfficeDecor #ThanksgivingSpirit”
6. Create a Thanksgiving-themed Instagram filter.
Boost engagement by designing a custom Thanksgiving-themed Instagram filter. Encourage users to share their filtered photos and tag your brand for a chance to be featured.
Example: “Spice up your selfies with our exclusive Thanksgiving filter! Don’t forget to tag us and share your festive snaps! 📸🍁 #FilterFun #ThanksgivingMagic”
7. Share a “Thanksgiving throwback” photo with a special discount code.
Capitalize on nostalgia by posting a Thanksgiving throwback photo from your company’s history. Pair it with a limited-time discount code to drive sales and customer engagement.
Example: “Throwing it back to a classic Thanksgiving at [Company Name]! Enjoy a special discount with code THANKS15 at checkout. 🛒🕰️ #TBTDeals #ThanksgivingSale”
8. Offer a limited edition Thanksgiving-inspired product.
Generate excitement by launching a limited edition Thanksgiving-inspired product. Create a sense of urgency and exclusivity to drive sales and brand loyalty.
Example: “Introducing our limited edition Pumpkin Spice Bliss! 🎃✨ Get yours before they’re gone. Tag a friend who needs to try this! #LimitedEdition #ThanksgivingTreat”
Recommended read: 100+ Thanksgiving Marketing Ideas That Transform Browsers Into Buyers
9. Share a heartfelt thank you message to your loyal customers.
Express gratitude to your customers by posting a heartfelt thank-you message. Acknowledge their support and loyalty, making them feel appreciated.
Example: “This Thanksgiving, we’re thankful for YOU! Your support fuels our passion. Wishing you a joyous holiday filled with love and laughter. 🙏❤️ #ThankfulForYou #CustomerAppreciation”
10. Host a Q&A session with your CEO about the company’s Thanksgiving traditions.
Humanize your brand by hosting a Q&A session with your CEO, discussing company traditions and values during the Thanksgiving season.
Example: “Ever wondered how we celebrate Thanksgiving at [Company Name]? Join our CEO for a live Q&A session on [Date]! Drop your questions below. 🎤🤔 #CEOInsights #ThanksgivingTraditions”
11. Share a list of creative ways to use Thanksgiving leftovers.
Provide value to your audience by sharing creative and practical ideas for repurposing Thanksgiving leftovers. Position your brand as a helpful resource during the holiday season.
Example: “Don’t let those leftovers go to waste! Check out our blog for inventive ways to transform Thanksgiving dishes into delicious new meals. 🍗🍲 #LeftoverIdeas #ZeroWaste”
12. Collaborate with influencers to share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes or decorations.
Leverage influencer partnerships to broaden your reach. Collaborate with influencers to share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes or decoration tips, adding authenticity to your brand.
Example: “We’ve teamed up with [Influencer Name] to bring you the ultimate Thanksgiving inspiration! Swipe up to discover their go-to recipes and decor ideas. 🌟🍴 #InfluencerCollab #ThanksgivingInspo”
13. Host a virtual “pie swap” with participants sharing their favorite pie recipes.
Engage your audience by organizing a virtual pie swap. Encourage participants to share their favorite pie recipes, creating a sense of community and culinary exchange.
Example: “Who’s up for a virtual pie swap? Share your favorite pie recipe in the comments, and let’s create a digital cookbook together! 🥧📖 #PieSwap #RecipeExchange”
14. Share a “Thanksgiving memories” photo contest where customers can submit their favorite holiday photos.
Foster a sense of community by hosting a photo contest. Invite customers to share their favorite Thanksgiving memories, creating a visual celebration of the holiday spirit.
Example: “Capture the joy of Thanksgiving! Share your favorite holiday memory with #ThanksgivingMemories for a chance to win exclusive goodies. 📸🍂 #PhotoContest #MemorableMoments”
15. Offer a special Thanksgiving gift with purchase for a limited time.
Boost sales during the holiday season by offering a special Thanksgiving-themed gift with purchase. Create a sense of excitement and value for your customers.
Example: “As a token of our gratitude, enjoy a complimentary Thanksgiving-themed gift with every purchase this week! Limited stock available. 🎁🦃 #GiftWithPurchase #ThanksgivingSpecial”
Best Thanksgiving social media content ideas
Here are some of the best Thanksgiving social media content ideas:
1. Create a Thanksgiving-themed Instagram scavenger hunt:
Get your audience engaged with a fun and interactive Instagram scavenger hunt. Craft a series of clues related to Thanksgiving traditions, hidden in your posts or stories.
Encourage followers to solve the riddles, fostering a sense of community and excitement. Consider offering a small giveaway or discount to the first participant who successfully completes the hunt.
2. Share a video of your team giving back to the community on Thanksgiving:
Showcase the heartwarming side of your company by capturing moments of your team volunteering or contributing to the community during the Thanksgiving season.
Share the video on social media platforms to not only highlight your company’s values but also inspire your audience to engage in acts of kindness during the holiday.
3. Write a blog post highlighting the history of Thanksgiving:
Educate your audience by crafting a well-researched blog post delving into the historical roots of Thanksgiving. Share insights about its origins, evolution, and the cultural significance associated with the holiday.
This type of content not only provides valuable information but also positions your brand as knowledgeable and invested in sharing meaningful narratives.
4. Share a heartwarming customer testimonial related to Thanksgiving:
Humanize your brand by featuring a heartfelt Thanksgiving-themed customer testimonial.
Whether it’s a story about how your product or service played a role in their holiday celebrations or a gesture of gratitude, sharing these real-life experiences adds authenticity to your brand and builds trust with your audience.
5. Share a “Thanksgiving gratitude wall” where followers can write what they are thankful for:
Foster a sense of community by creating a virtual gratitude wall on your social media platforms. Encourage followers to share what they’re thankful for in the comments or by using a specific hashtag.
Curate these responses into a visual representation, emphasizing the collective spirit of gratitude within your online community.
Good Social media Thanksgiving ideas
Here are some good Thanksgiving ideas for social media:
6. Offer a free downloadable Thanksgiving e-book with tips and recipes:
Provide value to your audience by offering a downloadable Thanksgiving e-book filled with tips, recipes, and helpful guides for a memorable celebration.
This not only showcases your brand as a source of expertise but also encourages audience engagement and loyalty through the provision of practical, shareable content.
7. Share a “Thanksgiving fails” blooper reel from your company’s past events:
Inject humor into your social media strategy by sharing a lighthearted “Thanksgiving fails” blooper reel.
Whether it’s mishaps during company events or amusing behind-the-scenes moments, this content humanizes your brand, making it relatable and approachable to your audience.
8. Create a mini Thanksgiving gift guide for different budgets:
Simplify holiday shopping for your followers by curating a mini Thanksgiving gift guide featuring products or services from your brand.
Segment the guide based on different budgets, catering to a diverse audience. This not only promotes your offerings but also positions your brand as a helpful resource during the gift-giving season.
9. Host a virtual Thanksgiving wine and cheese pairing event:
Bring a taste of sophistication to the virtual space by hosting a Thanksgiving wine and cheese pairing event. Share recommendations, tips, and live demonstrations of delectable pairings.
This not only engages your audience but also positions your brand as an expert in creating enjoyable experiences, even in the virtual realm.
10. Share a Thanksgiving playlist on Spotify or Apple Music:
Set the mood for the holiday season by curating and sharing a Thanksgiving-themed playlist.
Whether it’s soothing tunes for cooking, lively tracks for family gatherings, or heartfelt melodies for reflection, this content adds a personal touch to your brand while providing a shareable resource for your audience’s festive celebrations.
Creative Business Thanksgiving social media post ideas
These are a few creative Thanksgiving social media post ideas for businesses:
1. Show your appreciation for your customers and followers with a Thanksgiving-themed thank you message.
Expressing gratitude strengthens customer relationships. A heartfelt thank-you message aligns with the spirit of Thanksgiving, fostering a sense of connection.
– Craft a visually appealing graphic with a sincere message.
– Highlight a specific customer success story or testimonial.
– Offer an exclusive Thanksgiving discount code as a token of appreciation.
2. Share a “thankful for” post featuring your team members.
Humanize your brand by showcasing the people behind it. A “thankful for” post not only highlights your team’s dedication but also adds a personal touch to your brand image.
– Create individual graphics or short videos featuring team members expressing gratitude.
– Include anecdotes about each person’s contribution.
– Encourage followers to share their own “thankful for” stories.
3. Encourage followers to share what they are grateful for this Thanksgiving.
Engage your audience by creating a space for them to share their gratitude. This fosters a sense of community and allows your followers to connect with each other.
– Launch a branded hashtag like #ThanksfulFor[YourBrand].
– Host a contest where participants can win a Thanksgiving-themed prize.
– Share and celebrate selected follower submissions on your social media.
4. Offer a Black Friday sneak peek for your social media followers.
Generate excitement for upcoming promotions by offering your social media followers an exclusive sneak peek into your Black Friday deals.
– Tease a limited-time offer with a captivating graphic or video.
– Create anticipation by counting down the days or hours until the reveal.
– Encourage followers to share the sneak peek for a chance to win early access.
5. Launch a Thanksgiving-themed hashtag challenge on TikTok and Instagram.
Harness the power of user-generated content by initiating a Thanksgiving-themed hashtag challenge. This not only boosts engagement but also expands your brand’s reach.
– Develop a catchy and brand-relevant hashtag.
– Outline clear challenge rules and encourage creativity.
– Showcase the best entries on your social media and offer prizes for winners.
6. Host a virtual Thanksgiving bingo game with prizes.
Bring a festive spirit to your social media by organizing a virtual Thanksgiving bingo game. This interactive activity adds an element of fun while promoting brand awareness.
– Design custom bingo cards featuring your products or brand elements.
– Host the game via a live video, engaging with participants in real-time.
– Offer discounts or exclusive merchandise as prizes for bingo winners.
7. Collaborate with a local charity and donate a percentage of sales on Thanksgiving.
Demonstrate corporate social responsibility by partnering with a local charity for a Thanksgiving fundraiser. This not only gives back to the community but also enhances your brand’s reputation.
– Clearly communicate the charitable initiative on your social media.
– Update followers on the progress and impact of the fundraiser.
– Encourage direct donations from your followers to the chosen charity.
8. Share a throwback photo of your team dressed in Thanksgiving costumes.
Inject humor and nostalgia into your social media by sharing a lighthearted throwback photo of your team embracing Thanksgiving costumes.
– Share funny anecdotes or stories related to the throwback photo.
– Encourage followers to share their own Thanksgiving throwback moments.
– Use the opportunity to showcase the more playful side of your brand.
Recommended read: 25 Highly Profitable Thanksgiving Business Ideas You Can Start In 2023
Successful Business Thanksgiving Facebook Post Ideas
List of some successful business Thanksgiving Facebook post ideas:
1. Share a nostalgic photo from your first Thanksgiving as a company:
Transport your followers down memory lane by posting a heartfelt throwback picture capturing the essence of your inaugural Thanksgiving celebration as a company. It’s a genuine way to showcase growth and express gratitude for the journey.
2. Create a Thanksgiving-themed poll or quiz for your followers to participate in:
Engage your audience with interactive content! Craft a festive poll or quiz that adds an element of fun to their Thanksgiving celebrations. It not only boosts interaction but also provides valuable insights into your audience’s preferences and interests.
3. Offer a special Thanksgiving discount code for Facebook followers only:
Show appreciation to your Facebook community by exclusively sharing a Thanksgiving discount code. This gesture not only cultivates a sense of exclusivity but also encourages followers to take advantage of special offers, fostering a sense of gratitude and loyalty.
4. Host a Facebook Live cooking demonstration of your favorite holiday recipe:
Bring a personal touch to your brand by going live and sharing a favorite Thanksgiving recipe. It’s a delightful way to connect with your audience, showcase your company culture, and perhaps even spark some culinary inspiration among your followers.
5. Share a “Did you know?” fact about Thanksgiving and its traditions:
Infuse your page with interesting Thanksgiving trivia! Share a captivating “Did you know?” fact about the holiday, creating a brief yet engaging post that educates your followers while adding a touch of curiosity to their feed.
6. Run a Facebook ad campaign featuring your Thanksgiving promotions:
Amplify your Thanksgiving promotions with a targeted Facebook ad campaign. Craft visually appealing ads showcasing your special offers, ensuring that your brand stands out amidst the holiday noise and reaches a broader audience interested in seasonal deals.
7. Share a funny Thanksgiving meme or GIF:
Lighten the holiday mood by sharing a humorous Thanksgiving meme or GIF. Injecting a bit of laughter into your feed adds a human touch, creating a shared moment of joy with your followers during the festive season.
8. Create a “Countdown to Thanksgiving” series with daily posts:
Build anticipation by initiating a “Countdown to Thanksgiving” series. Through daily posts, share tidbits, sneak peeks, or gratitude-themed content, keep your audience engaged and excited as the holiday approaches.
9. Host a virtual Thanksgiving trivia night with prizes for the winners:
Foster a sense of community by organizing a virtual Thanksgiving trivia night. Encourage participation with enticing prizes for the winners, creating an interactive and entertaining experience that strengthens the bond between your brand and its followers.
10. Share a “Meet the Team” post featuring your employees and their holiday plans:
Humanize your brand by introducing the faces behind it. Share a “Meet the Team” post, where employees discuss their Thanksgiving plans. This not only showcases the diverse personalities within your company but also emphasizes the importance of gratitude and family during the holiday season.
In conclusion, elevate your business’s Thanksgiving social media game with our researched-backed strategies. Leverage platform-specific trends, unique content ideas, and proven engagement data.
This holiday season, make your brand stand out, fostering meaningful connections and driving growth. Transform your online presence with impactful Thanksgiving social media posts.